Breakfast sandwiches are my new obsession. Breakfast really, is my new obsession, but more that on later.
I’ve been trying really hard to work more protein into my breakfasts. Greek yogurt, some peanut butter, those are all easy to pair with tasty carbs, but when it comes to bacon and eggs, I was never really a believer.
But if you top it with something sweet, and smush it between a toasted English muffin, I am so there.
The combos are endless. Do you have left over hummus in your fridge? Spare strawberry jam? Spinach you want to use up? Throw it in your breakfast sandwich!
Veggies are easily added to scrambled eggs, top with some shredded cheese, add a little bacon, maybe some roasted garlic hummus, and enjoy!
Or go the sweet version, like I did, with turkey bacon, an egg, cranberry sauce, and some smoked gouda.
- English muffin, sliced and toasted
- Egg, cooked however you like it
- One slice smoked gouda
- 2 spoonfuls cranberry sauce
- One strip turkey bacon, cooked
1. Once your English muffin is toasted, add the cheese, and top with the cooked egg, this will make the cheese nice and melty. Top with the bacon and cranberry sauce, then eat and enjoy!