And garlic. Did I forget to mention the garlic? Because roasted garlic makes everything better.
This pizza is one big Fall-splosion of delicious.
Crisp apples, earthy garlic, sweet butternut squash. And the colors are perfect too!
Because when you can mix fashion trends with your food, why not? It just makes you more fabulous.
- One pizza crust
- 1 cup tomato sauce – learn to make your own here!
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 small apples, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh figs, thinly sliced
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 cup mozzarella or raw milk cheddar, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and peper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Peel and chop your butternut squash into 1/2 inch cubes. Separate and peel the garlic cloves from one head of garlic, and toss the squash and garlic with a Tbsp. of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Spread the squash and garlic in a single layer on a baking tray, and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the pieces are pierced easily with a sharp knife. Remove the tray from the oven. (This step can be done a few days in advance.)
2. Prebake (or don’t prebake, whichever you prefer) your pizza crust according to package instructions. Spread the crust with your tomato sauce, and top with the roasted squash, garlic, apples, and figs. Sprinkle evenly with cheese, and bake at 30 for about 18 minutes. or until the cheese is melted and all the juices are bubbly.