This has to be my new favorite pizza flavor combo ever. EVER.
I’m a super big fan of fruit on pizza, just ask my suspicious-of-anything-fruity-on-pizza boyfriend – I’m always tormenting him by begging to get pineapple on my half.
And the use of naan as a crust? Not to toot my own horn, but that was genius. No pre-baking necessary, and it results in this soft and chewy crust. Everything you love about naan, now in a pizza.
And did I mention the BBQ sauce? Because anything with barbecue sauce is baller. It just makes everything better.
Super fast, easy, and delicious. The perfect storm of summer eating.
- 1 package, or two loaves (…it is loaves, right?) naan
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1/2 standard-sized bunch of asparagus, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 apple, sliced (I used Jazz, but feel free to experiment based on the sweetness of your sauce)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the naan on a large baking sheet, and spread the bbq sauce between the two loaves.
2. Top with the chicken, asparagus, apples, and finally the shredded cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted, and just starting to become golden brown.