I call this my Thanksgiving meal for two! While at my boyfriend’s apartment this weekend, I was feeling particularly festive and decided I wanted to tackle some Thanksgiving recipes. As I sat there pondering what type of stuffing I wanted to make, it dawned on me how many leftovers I always have after Thanksgiving. So how was I going to create a Thanksgiving meal for two? Time to get creative.
Cranberries and sweet potatoes are a must for me at Thanksgiving, as is, of course, turkey! From there the pieces sort of fell together and bing, bang, boom, turkey burgers with cranberry and sweet potato fries! Perfect if you want the Thanksgiving feel with a tight budget or small crowd.
Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 a shallot
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- Hamburger buns, I used whole wheat
- Provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce per burger
- Sweet potato fries