This is not one of those healthy white bean cookie dough dips.
Maybe I will make one of those one day. But not today.
Today, I sit with my spoon, and I try very hard to remind myself that I made this dip for a Super Bowl party. Not for my dinner tonight.
This dip is so good. It doesn’t taste exactly like cookie dough – but then, how could it? No eggs, no flour, and we added cream cheese. But it does taste like a chocolate chip cookie if you spread a little cream cheese frosting on top.
And really, what’s wrong with that? This is awesome with graham crackers, fruit, or by the spoonful.
My boyfriend even suggested this would be fantastic on top of ice cream.
Now you all know why I love him.
Another plus? This is super easy to make, and keeps well in the fridge until it’s party time! That is, if it lasts that long…
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (I used fat-free and no one was the wiser)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter at room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream the butter and cream cheese together in a medium-sized bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, and mix to combine.
2. Add the brown sugar and vanilla, and beat it again until everything is well mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Put it in the fridge to chill until you’re ready to serve it, and do your best not to sneak a spoonful here or there.