Other titles I considered for this post: OMG Bars, Chocolate Avalanche Bars, and anything with “Amazing” in it.
These are some of the easiest bars I have ever made, and definitely some of the most delicious.
Because they are basically sugar and fat. That’s why. These are bars you should only ever make in a situation where you are going to give them all away because you will eat the whole pan if you keep them in the house.Let me give you an idea of just how amazing these are. Step one: get some cake mix, ignore the directions, just add an egg and a stick of butter. Step 2: Put Oreos on top. Step 3: Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk all over it. Step 4: Throw on a whole bag of chocolate chips because clearly there isn’t enough sugar/chocolate/amazing on these babies.
Be warned though, you have to let these sit and cool for a while before you should even attempt cutting them. Possibly overnight. I know, it’s going to be one of the most difficult things you will do for a while, but if you want any chance of cutting these at all, try to restrain yourself.
Or, just get a spoon, and put it in a bowl and put ice cream on top. You know I won’t judge you for it.
Ingredients (recipe adapted from Picky Palate):
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 18 Oreo cookies, broken into bite size pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Using an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, butter and egg. Press the cake goo into the prepared baking pan and top with broken pieces of cookies.
3. Pour your sweetened condensed milk over cookies/cake and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Don’t be alarmed if, when you take it out of the oven, it is still pretty runny in the middle. It’s because all the sweetened condensed milk/chocolate chips are hot and gooey.
4. The the bars cool for as long as you can stand it before you attempt to cut them up!