I am unashamedly Team Football Party.
I’ll be honest, I could care less about football. There are just so many random rules. Throw the ball. Catch the ball. Fall over. Clock stops. But hot, gooey, garlicky cheese?
ALL. OVER. THAT.Football time is equivalent to dog years – but this is seriously beneficial when it comes to extending the party. And the snacking.
Illegal hands to the face (my favorite penalty by far!) resulting in a penalty that leads to a challenge that leads to a review, gives you a glorious 15 minutes to go refill your plate before you get yelled at for walking in front of the TV.
But when you’re the girl who shows up with 4 different types of cheese, melted, and filled with garlic and fresh rosemary, no one is really going to yell at you. For anything. Ever.
Because their faces are far too full of cheese.
- 12oz. cream cheese (1 1/2 blocks), softened
- 12 oz. shredded mozzarella
- 6 oz. crumbled feta
- 4 oz. parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pint baby tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Chop your tomatoes in half, lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes until they bubble juice – about 25 minutes.
2. While your tomatoes cool, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, and feta in a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash everything together until throughly combined.
3. Fold in the cooled tomatoes, rosemary, and minced garlic until mixed throughout. Reduce your oven to 350 degrees.
4. Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe baking dish, and top with the shredded parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly. Serve with veggies, chips, baguettes, or just eat it with a spoon.